Cowichan Lake District Chamber of Commerce
The Cowichan Lake District Chamber of Commerce was first organized in 1946 as a Board of Trade. We continue to be in business for business, and are proud to support community organizations and residents of the Cowichan Lake area.
Our Chamber plays an active role in all aspects of the communities around the Lake. We have committees to cover tourism, membership, community events and economic development. The Chamber meets on a regular basis with “business after business” meetings hosted by one of our members. We endeavor to have educational and informative meetings that allow for networking among our business community. Guest speakers are often a part of the meetings. Anyone can attend our Chamber meetings. For more information call the Cowichan Lake Visitor/Business Centre at 250-749-3244.
The Cowichan Lake District Chamber of Commerce is organized to advance the general economic welfare of Cowichan Lake through business in the surrounding Communities, so that the citizens and all areal of its business community shall prosper. All necessary means of promotion shall be provided and particular attention and emphasis shall be given to the economic, civic, commercial, cultural and education interest of the area.
The Cowichan Lake District Chamber of Commerce is a member of the BC Chamber of Commerce and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce. As well, we meet on a regular basis with the other four chambers in our Region.
Why Join the Chamber of Commerce
Joining your Chamber of Commerce links you with fellow businesses and provides numerous benefits associated with the District and Provincial Chamber of Commerce.
In particular we provide:
• Regular Meetings of Members
• Networking between Members
• Business Profile and listing on Chamber Website
• Member to Member Discounts
• Affiliation to the BC Chamber of Commerce and Canadian Chamber of Commerce
• Discounted Fuel Purchase (Currently 2c/Ltr)
• Promotion of your Business via the Visitor/Business Centre in Lake Cowichan
• Advantageous Telephone Rates
• Group Insurance Plan
• Discounted Electronic Deposits (Visa & Mastercard)
• Opportunities to improve your business and hear where changes will help
• Many other advertising opportunities at the Visitor/Business Centre
As the Voice of Business locally and Provincially we can air your views and concerns with a strong group message.
In addition to the benefits you receive by being a Chamber member, you would also receive all of the benefits available through the BC and Canadian Chamber of Commerce
For more information on the extended benefits through the BC Chamber of Commerce go to our BC Chamber page